Saturday, January 21, 2012

Low Key

It's been a pretty low-key week. Mama and Daddy have been recovering from the colds they got from E and Spenny, so not been up to much.

Monday we had leftover night, Tuesday was breakfast for dinner, both of which were followed by bath, Shaun the Sheep and bed. Wednesday Grandma Jean came over for dinner so we hung out with her for a while and Thursday was Nana and Papa night. Spenny took his new Green Lantern for show and tell, which he was really excited about.
Friday we went shopping at Target and Mama got some new shoes (yay shooes!). Target was having a HUGE clearance event, so I got $50 boots for $12, can't really beat that!

Today I've been cleaning and laundering and whatnot to catch up from this week. Clean bedding all around!

Also, I forgot my pin of the week last week...It was a homemade cold remedy that actually seemed to work! 1 tsp honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, mix (i actually put them in the microwave for just a few seconds to make softer before I mixed) then ingest somehow, recommendations were put in tea, on toast or just by the spoonful. I didn't care for it in my tea, but I did enjoy it just on the spoon, and it made me feel better right away! Much better than cold meds, which I always react to badly anyway (well, by badly I mean makes me feel like I'm 2 margartias in).

Daddy is off at a card tournament today, so the boys and I are spending some quality time together watching Disney movies and cleaning. It's currently nap time so once I'm done with this, I will be enjoying some Gossip Girl :)

Enjoy your Saturday!


P.S.

I have always loved Etta James, who passed away yesterday. In honor of her...


No comments:

Post a Comment