Sunday, January 29, 2012

busy weekend

This weekend was pretty busy, Daddy worked on Saturday and the boys and I ran some errands, then headed over to Newton so Spenny could spend the night with Grandma Jean and Poppy Steve.

We were super early, so we took a detour and drove through the Neal Smith Wildlife Refuge.  We didn't see any animals, but Spenny worked on describing things we saw--yellow grass, brown mud, white clouds, blue sky etc. We are also working on learning right, left and straight. He is doing pretty good at that, but soon enough, he was ready to just go see his Grandma, so we headed over to Newton. I think someday we might actually plan to go there and check out the wildlife center itself and see what else we can see.  (side note: We were all at the table and Spenny was saying there were 5 of us, including Grandma Jean, then he turned around and told us there were 3 boys and 2 girls...when he does stuff like this, it makes me so proud :) )

We hung out with Grandma for a while then E and I headed home. I had a concert to go to, Lady Antebellum with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square for the openers. I'll post more on the show later, when I can put the pictures up, but it was a good time over all.

Today was Daddy's day to sleep in, so Emerson and I ate breakfast then we hung out. He watched Tangled and played with his toys and sat in the big chair.

 Spenny came home around noon , then it was lunch time and nap time. Mama got some stuff done, mostly small projects, like using the baking soda/vinegar in a bag trick on the shower head. I haven't tested the shower yet to see if it makes a difference, but it does look better. I also cleaned out some drains and did some other chores around the house.

For dinner I made pancakes from scratch for the first time. They were just...ok. They were super fluffy and easy to make, but the taste was just...off.  I'll research some of the reviews on it and see what I can come up with for next time.

I also made a menu plan for the week, which I've been slacking off on, but with Daddy being back at work late now, I need to plan ahead to prevent us from eating crap every single night.

This week we will have:

Chicken and Gnocchis
Chicken Tacos
Goulash
Date Night
Boys Choice--likely pizza, they have been a big fan lately, and while I've been using the frozen ones (Spenny likes to pick them out) I think we'll try our hand at making one instead. He does really well at helping me cook. E got to try his hand at it tonight with the pancakes:


No comments:

Post a Comment