Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trying New Things

This week I tried a few new things that are worth sharing.
1. BIRTHDAY CAKE OREOS! Seriously, it's like funfetti frosting and Oreos had a baby. They are so delicious, I can't even describe. I bought my first box and took them to work the other day. Several people that tried them said things like "This is seriously the best idea in the world" and "This is AMAZING" and other comments. So amazing. YUM.
2. Those roasted chick peas. They were actually mushier than I thought the first time I made them, so I tried dry roasting them, SO much better. Basically, instead of rolling them in oil and seasonings first, you just bake them at 450 for about 25 minutes or so, then spray them with oil spray and sprinkle your seasonings on top then let finish drying/cooling. SO much better! (and you use less oil and stuff too!)
3. Pizzas from sandwich thins. Spenny has really been into pizza lately, and this was an easy way to get him a pizza quick. Toast the sandwich thin, cover in sauce and cheese and broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. SO YUMMY!

We just had a nice visit from Grandpa Tom and Grandma Susan and cousin Jimmy. We had spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and some cake, as Grandpa's birthday is the 29th of this month and we won't see him again before that. I'm not sure where my camera is at the moment, but I'll have some pictures to share.

I'm off to try my hand at making my own laundry detergent, so we'll see how this goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment