Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Chick" it out!

So, I've been thinking about roasting some chickpeas lately. I grabbed some at the store tonight and while I was doing dishes, laundry, preparing meals for the rest of the week/weekend, I decided to look  up a recipe. I saw several savory ones, several sweet ones and several that took ingredients I've never even heard of...(I swear, I must live under a rock sometimes). I came upon this recipe...Honey Cinnamon Roasted ones.

A quick check of the ingredient list and I had everything so on with it!

I followed it almost exactly:
Rinse.

Dry

Mix 2tsp oil, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar

Dump and mix.

See? All Mixed!

Spread out on cookie sheet.


Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes.

I forgot to take a picture of the "Dump back in bowl, cover in honey and stir some more before putting back on cookie sheet" step. But this is the end result.

Now they are on the cookie sheet, cooling...but I may have nibbled a few several before sitting back down to write this. They are SO SO yummy. And will be even better when my tongue heals from the burn I got...(I sometimes do things without thinking...like, putting a chickpea straight form the oven in my mouth to check "doneness". I don't recommend this, actually...it hurts.) The only thing I would change from the original recipe is I would just add peel the them, I like the texture better of the ones that I peeled than the ones I didn't, but it won't stop me from eating them!

Other than that, it's been a pretty busy week around here. Daddy's been working a lot, but he did get home earlier than normal last night, where we were able to enjoy dinner together, watch an episode of The Colony on Netflix and play a game of Phase 10 Mod.

I am going to veg out, it's been a long day...and I can't wait for those little buggers to finish cooling so I can eat them!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment