Sunday, April 22, 2012

Unintentional Break

Hello!

I took an accidental break from blogging. My computers that I use on a regular basis stopped working for different reasons, but I have my laptop up and running for now. I couldn't get blogger to load on my work computer and I rarely use J's computer(s).

Things we've been up to:
Tax season is OVER. Thank Goodness.
Easter came and went.
I've been watching the Star Wars movies. (New ones were ok, I really love the effects in the older ones, mostly because I respect the fact they did all of that WITHOUT computers!
We...(gasp) BOUGHT A TV! It's a smart one. Still no cable for us, but it's nice to have 40 inches to watch instead of 20.
I walked a 5k. Ok, I ran like...a block. the rest was walked.
Working on not eating fast food anymore. I used to eat McD's breakfast every.day. I have had it maybe three times in the last 6 months. We used to eat BK or McD's at least once a week, usually more. I'm not going to lie, we still eat there every couple of weeks, but I try to keep things at home that will feed the kids faster and that are at least somewhat healthier. I also bribe the kids while we are at the store...Boys, we can either have McD's or you can pick out a new movie to watch and we can have a picnic. They usually go for the new movie and picnic. Honestly, if I'm going to spend anywhere from 5-15, I'd rather it be on something we keep.
We decided to hold Spenny back a year from kindergarten. It's not something we've done lightly and I'm sure he'd be ok at kindergarten, but I'd rather him be fully ready than us just sending him because WE'RE ready.
Decluttering. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but I am certainly a pack rat and we've been working on that. We just recently got rid of over 8 trash bags of clothes between donating to Goodwill, taking to a friend for a new baby and giving some stuff to a friend for her garage sale. Next is cleaning out the toy boxes/closet and kitchen cupboards. Do I REALLY need all of the things in the kitchen that I have? Probably not. but you never know...so better keep it ;)

J's been doing pretty well, Kids are well, as are the animals. I've been cooking and finding more stuff on Pinterest to do than I have time and I'm currently enjoying my first "vacation" off from work in a long time. I took 5 whole days off, in a row, around a weekend, so I really have 7 days off. Sure, I'm doing some work from home (I'm far too busy to NOT do some to keep up) but overall, it's been great so far. I have 3 more days off next week and the only thing we have planned is signing our wills. It will officially be ok for us to die :).

Hope all is well with all of you and hope to be back to blogging on a more regular basis soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment